Wednesday, March 2, 2011

back FOR REALS.

Back! and okay, I know I kinda failed after not blogging in who knows how long and not sticking to what I last blogged about..and I'm not gonna lie bout it, I did screwed up but I don't regret any of it cause at least I was finally able to pick my self up and totally do a 180 and seriously start making some REAL changes(FINALLY). For example: couple weeks ago before the change, a going out meal would look a little something like this:
 WOW ok, I wasn't eating this all by myself but still.. this is definitely a breath taker from how I've changed my eating habits to- which looks a little more like this:
Soba noodles yummm...

and this- My dinner for today :) which consisted of :
1-1/2 cups Mixed greens including Spinich
1-1/2 cups Italian mix of Romain Lettuce
3 chopped baby carrots
1 chopped apple
1 sliced hard boiled egg
few thinly sliced grilled chicken
2 tbsp seasoned soy ginger vinaigrette

Food4Thought : Basically I knew that all the ingredients inside were pretty low in calories and didn't really have anything to be too careful of. I even took out the yolk inside the hard boiled egg and didn't even finish all the slices of chicken. Although the plate looked full, I knew it would fill me up just right and I didn't feel bad for eating a relatively large plate of salad because of the low amount of calories in total. The sauce I bought from Trader Joes was very delicious! It reminded me of the sauces given out in those fast food "asian chicken salads" that I've previously ate before at Togos or Jackinthebox. With only about 35 calories for 2 tablespoons of the Trader Joes Soy Ginger Vinaigrette, I'm almost 100% guaranteed that  this homemade "asian" chicken salad is MUCH less on fats and much more fresh while being just as tasty! :)

Along with the huge change on eating healthier foods, my boyfriend Russ and I try to hit the gym after he gets off work and we try to do a very light cardio or "fat burn" along with some weight training. He told me a couple days ago that my only issue on working out is just physically getting me there. lol. which is true, and Im sure it's not just me..but once I'm there I'm usually open and looking forward towards a nice sweaty workout. mmm..I've noticed that the more I go workout the less physically painful it is next time I go. Also at the end of every workout im usually pouring with happiness or relief of stress, definitely a plus +

A note to self after reading some information online and in a magazine:
-Try to drink 5 cups of green tea daily: before workout/after meals
-Instead of protein shakes (if i ever wind up drinking them in the future) replace with chickpea salad that has enough protein,fiber,and is a healthier alternative

No comments:

Post a Comment